Last Updated: 12 September 2021
What’s Yours Is Yours, What’s Ours Is Ours
- Terms of Service: https://karbonhq.com/terms-of-service
- Karbon Security: https://karbonhq.com/security
Data Subject Privacy Rights
The following include the principle rights for data subjects under data protection and privacy laws:
- Right to be Informed - You are entitled to being informed about how we process your data
- Right to Access - You can request copies of your personal data
- Right to Rectification - You can ask us to rectify inaccurate personal data and to complete incomplete personal data
- Right to Erasure - You can ask us to erase your personal data
- Right to Restrict Processing - You can ask us to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- Right to Object Processing - You can object to the processing of your personal data;
- Right to Data Portability - You can ask that we transfer your personal data to another organization or to you
- Right to Complain to a Supervisory Authority - You can submit complaints about our processing of your personal data to a supervisory authority
- Right to Withdraw Consent - To the extent that the legal basis of our processing of your personal data is consent, you can withdraw that consent.
These rights are subject to certain limitations and exceptions.
Karbon Enterprise customers have the option to have an instance of Karbon in their country if it is has a local cloud hosting center compatible with the Karbon Services.
Types of Data We Collect
"Personal Data" means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data. Anonymous Data does not, by itself, permit the identification of individual persons. We collect, use, and store Personal Data and Anonymous Data, as described within the practices below. To the extent that Anonymous Data is linked to your Personal Data, we will treat it as Personal Data.
Karbon uses Google API services within the Karbon platform. Learn more regarding the use of your data and these API services.
Data Collected by Karbon Service - Information You Provide to Us
The following includes the types of information that we may collect from you during your use of Karbon Services:
- We may collect Personal Data from you, such as your first and last name, e-mail and mailing addresses, country, username, and password when you register to create an account with us (“Account”).
- We may collect information relating to any transactions carried out between us on or in relation to the Karbon Services, including publishing notice and agenda information.
- We may collect information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to the Platform Services or otherwise using the Platform Services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including name and email address).
- We may collect information you have provided us for the purpose of managing your practice, such as project information, scheduling information and information about your clients and client contacts (which may include name, email address, contact information, emails, images, documents, meeting information).
- We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your Account.
- We may collect information that you provide if you submit a job application through our Site.
- If you use our Application or Site on your mobile device, we may collect your phone number and the unique device id number.
- When connecting to Application or Site via a service provider that uniquely identifies your mobile device, we may receive this identification and use it to offer extended services and/or functionality.
- Certain Karbon Services may require our collection of your phone number. We may associate that phone number to your mobile device identification information.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via e-mail, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content included in the e-mail, in order to send you a reply.
- We also collect other types of Personal Data that you provide to us voluntarily, such as your operating system and version, product registration number, and other requested information if you contact us via e-mail regarding support for the Karbon Services.
- We may also collect Personal Data at other points in the Karbon Services that state that Personal Data is being collected.
Information Collected via Technology
The following includes a description of information collected via technology associated with the Karbon Services:
- Information Collected by Our Servers. To make our Karbon Services more useful to you, our servers (which may be hosted by a third-party service provider) collect information from you, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (“IP”) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- Pixel Tag. In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user. We do not tie the information gathered by Pixel Tags to our users’ Personal Data.
- Mobile Services. We may also collect non-personal information from your mobile device if you have downloaded our Application. This information is generally used to help us deliver the most relevant information to you. Examples of information that may be collected and used include how you use the Application and information about the type of device you use. In addition, in the event our Application crashes on your mobile device, we will receive information about your mobile device model software version and device carrier, which allows us to identify and fix bugs and otherwise improve the performance of our Application. This information is sent to us as aggregated information and is not traceable to any individual and cannot be used to identify an individual.
- Information Collected from Third Party Companies. We may receive Personal Data from third party sources. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you directly via the Karbon Services.
Access to Your Data
Access. Users of the Karbon Service input their data, including personal information, into our application, in connection with their use of the Karbon Service. Users can access their data by authenticating to the application and accessing their information within their application environment (“tenant”).
Least-Privilege. Our policies and procedures for access control require that access to your data be limited to our personnel as required to perform necessary and appropriate roles and responsibilities, in connection with our services and commitments for security and privacy. We restrict access to your information based on these commitments and requirements, limiting access to your data to authorized personnel that must have the access to perform job roles and responsibilities. For additional information on our security practices for managing access to your data, read our security page.
Use of Your Personal Data
General Use. In general, Personal Data you submit to Karbon is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid in improving the Karbon service. We use your Personal Data in the following ways:
- Facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- Identify you as a user in our system; provide improved administration of our Karbon Services;
- Enable your use of the Platform Services and provide the Platform Services you request;
- Improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Karbon Services;
- Send you administrative e-mail notifications, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- To send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- Respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests; and
- Send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Platform Services and for other marketing purposes of Karbon.
User Testimonials and Feedback. We often receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our Platform Services. We may post user feedback on the Site from time to time. We will share your feedback with your first name and last initial only. If we choose to post your first and last name along with your feedback, we will obtain your consent prior to posting you name with your feedback.
Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Data by excluding information (such as your name, email address, content of email) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Karbon Services and improve Site navigation.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
- Third Parties Designated by You. When you use the Karbon Services, the Personal Data you provide will be shared with the third parties that you designate to receive such information, including clients and business associates.
- Users. We will share your Personal data with other users of the Platform Services that you designate and authorize solely for the purpose of providing you with the Platform Services.
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your Personal Data with third party service providers to: provide you with the Karbon Services; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to Karbon.
Third Party Websites
Our Site may contain links to third party websites. When you click on a link to any other website or location, you will leave our Site and go to another site, and another entity may collect Personal Data or Anonymous Data from you. We have no control over, do not review, and cannot be responsible for, these outside websites or their content.
Your Choices Regarding Information
You have several choices regarding the use of information on our Karbon Services:
Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Karbon Services for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. If you do not accept Cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Karbon Services or all functionality of the Karbon Services. If you have any questions about how to disable or modify Cookies, please let us know by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Customer Data and Data Requests. Customers own all data they input into Karbon. Customer data is retained for as long as they remain a Karbon customer. If required, Karbon will provide an export of the customer’s Karbon data at no cost. The required format of the export will be discussed at the time of request. Direct access to the Karbon databases is not available.
- Data Request Form: Requests for data should be submitted using the Karbon Data Request Form
Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data. You may change any of your Personal Data in your Account by editing your Account through the Karbon Services or by contacting us directly using the contact information provided above. You may request deletion of your Personal Data by us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for fraud or similar purposes.
Applications. You can stop all collection of information by the Application by uninstalling the Application. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
Please note that at all times you are responsible for updating your Personal Data to provide us with your most current e-mail address. In the event that the last e-mail address that you have provided us is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you the notice described above, our dispatch of the e-mail containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice of the changes described in the notice. If you do not wish to permit changes in our use of your Personal Data, you must notify us prior to the effective date of the changes that you wish to deactivate your Account with us. Continued use of our Karbon Services, following notice of such changes shall indicate your acknowledgement of such changes and agreement to be bound by the terms and conditions of such changes.
Contacting Karbon - Questions and Reporting Violations
If you have any questions or concerns or complaints about our privacy practices, data collection or processing practices, or if you want to report any security violations, please contact us by email at email@example.com or mail us at the following address:
Karbon Inc. Attn: Concierge
548 Market St #45902 San Francisco,